Jump to recipe
Fruity creamy cakes are my favorite. This Streusel Blueberry Quark (Yoghurt) torte or cake was made often and eaten with an afternoon cup of coffee. Quark can be substituted with 4% Greek yoghurt. Any other would do also. Instead of Blueberries, Blackberries or tart Cherries can be used
The pudding should be the cooking type, like “Dr. Oetker Vanilla pudding“
Streusel Yoghurt Torte with Blueberries or Cherries
- For the Streusel:
- 4 cups white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- For the Filling:
- 1.5 cups blueberries (or one jar tart cherries)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500 g 4% Greek Yoghurt (subst. Quark)
- 1 pack vanilla pudding (cooking type)
- ½ cup sugar (check vanilla pudding if it does not already have it)
- Juice of half of lemon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- To make the Crumb combine flour, baking powder, sugar butter and eggs and mix to make a rough dough that will resemble streusel.
- 2/3 of the crumbs will be laid and pressed onto the bottom of the springform pan and sides.
- Lay the dripped off (almost dry) blueberries or tart cherries on top of the crumb bottom.
- Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon until it is foamy, then add it the Greek yoghurt combined with pudding powder
- Place the mixture on top of the blueberries.
- At last place the rest of the crumbs/streusel on top.
- Bake at 400 F for 45 minutes
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 AngiesWeb.com