If you miss the German cheese cakes and think it’s not good for your hips, then bake it with Quark, in this case Greek-Yoghurt with Fruit. To make it easy, you can use Graham crackers as a crust. When you reduce the sugar, add the Fruits like Mandarines, Cherries and/or dark Berries. It will complete a healthy combination.
Cheese cake made of Yoghurt and Fruits
Cuisine German Category Cake and Torte Desserts Germany Northern Europe Recipes
- 1 1/2 Graham crackers, finely ground
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 500g Creek Yoghurt 5% Fat (I used Fage 2% to 5 %)
- 1 Egg
- 1 pack Vanilla pudding (Dr. Oetger or other Cooking types)
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Mandarine (jar or can), blackberries, cherries or blueberries)
- 9″ round Spring form
1 hour, 15 minutes
1 hour, 30 minutes
This recipe is normally made with a “Mürbeteig” crust, but I skipped this step and instead used Graham crackers. Dr. Oetger pudding has no sugar, so if you use another store bought Pudding, see the label and adjust the sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Follow direction on the Graham cracker crust (mix with butter) on back of the package.
- Press down Graham crackers into the springform and let cool in freezer while preparing the filling
- Mix and stir yoghurt, egg, vanilla pudding, sugar, milk and oil in a large bowl.
- Place mandarines, washed cherries, blackberries and/or blueberries in a sieve to drip.
- Remove spring form with Graham cracker crust from freezer.
- Fill the spring form with half of the yoghurt mixture, alternate with some fruit, finish with the rest of the cheese cake mixture.
- Lay the rest of mandarines and berries on top.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 70 to 75 minutes.
- Make a tooth pick test.
- Remove from oven and let cool for an hour.
- Graham cracker streusel could be added.
- Cool for an additional 3 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator
Let cool at least 3 to 4 hours in the refrigerator, or best overnight. Streusel are optional
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2023 AngiesWeb.com