Jump to recipe
This is a recipe I have prepared a couple years ago, and it was so delicious I felt like I need to write about. Once prepared, it tastes so good, like it was made by a Chef at a fancy restaurant.
It doesn’t only look appealing, it is fragrant and delicious. Sweet potatoes are not common in Europe, so I call this dish an American favorite.
Fancy roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup feta or goat cheese
Sweet potatoes can be substituted with carrots. Makes a colorful tasty side dish
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Combine the halved Brussels sprouts, chopped sweet potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, allspice, and sea salt in a bowl and toss everything together..
- on a baking sheet.
- Place vegetables on baking sheet and spread out. Place on the center rack of the oven and bake at 400F for 45 to 60 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir once halfway through until veggies are golden-brown.
- Meanwhile roast the pecans or walnuts in a separate pan or toaster oven for a couple of minutes (not too long so they don’t get bitter).
- Balsamic vinegar reduction can be bought, but also easily be prepared in a small saucepan: Heat the balsamic vinegar over medium-high, and bring to a full boil. Cook at a full controlled boil, stirring frequently, until vinegar is reduced by 1/2 of its original volume, about 5 minutes.
- After the vegetables are baked, remove from oven and taste for flavor, add salt to your liking.
- Place the hot vegetable mixture into a pre heated casserole dish and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar reduction.
- Finish off with the roasted Pecans and Feta cheese on top.
If pecans are not available, use walnuts or cashews.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 AngiesWeb.com