Jump to recipe
Make your lemon cake glaze or ice cream with this delight spread. Eat it on top of your bread, instead of jelly, or prepare a Lemon Mousse. Lemon Curd Recipes are abundant.
The last time I used Lemon Curd was a glaze for my famous French Lemon Cake
A Lemon Zester is not easy to find, you can purchase one here:
- 3 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (3 to 4 lemons)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
The Lemon Curd will last for about a week, or freeze up to 6 month. It can be used in Crepes, as a Spread or as Lemon cake icing
- If you not already own a Lemon Zester, use a carrot peeler.
- Remove the zest of 3 lemons, being careful to avoid the white pith.
- Put the zest in a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Add the sugar and pulse until the zest is very finely minced into the sugar.
- Cream the butter and beat in the sugar and lemon mixture.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and then add the lemon juice and salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart saucepan and cook over low/medium heat stirring constantly until it starts bubbling about 10 minutes.
- Take it off the stove immediately.
- The lemon curd should have be thick now.
- Let cool or refrigerate in plastic container.
- Cover with plastic wrap, airtight.
- The Lemon Curd will last for about a week, or freeze up to 6 month.
- Can be spread on Crepes, or as a lemon cake icing
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2023 AngiesWeb.com
More Recipes here
Please follow and like us: