Banana Walnut Bread
This American banana bread (cake) recipe is for great use when you have over-ripe bananas in the house. Can be made with or without nuts, although Hazelnuts would be a good substitute
Banana Walnut Bread
Cuisine American Category America Breads and Pastry Cake and Torte Recipes
- 2 large eggs (1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar to your liking
- 1 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup 5% Greek Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed with fork
- 1 cup toasted, chopped and roasted walnuts
- Vegetable oil for preparing the baking form
1 hour, 15 minutes
This American banana bread (cake) recipe is for great use when you have over-ripe bananas. Can be made with or without nuts. Hazelnuts would be a good substitute, or any other nuts. If you are making Muffins, bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes. Enjoy!
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the a 9 x 5″ baking loaf pan by wiping the inside with soft butter or vegetable oil.
- Mash Bananas on a plate.
- Drop ½ cup of toasted, chopped Walnuts on the bottom.
- Cream the soft butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla and whisked eggs in a small bowl with the yoghurt and milk, then stir.
- Sift the flour into the bowl.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Set aside.
- While mixing, slowly combine the wet ingredients with the dry flour mixture.
- With a spatula, stir in the mashed bananas and chopped walnuts.
- Drop the dough into the prepared loaf baking pan and bake for about 55 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick.
- Let cool cake in the pan for 5 minutes, separate the edges with a knife.
- Turn the Banana bread upside onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cover with powdered sugar (optional)
Let cool and cover with powdered sugar if you like. Wrap with cling wrap to keep fresh.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2023 AngiesWeb.com