Apple Rose Muffins
These Apple Rose Cupcakes or Muffins are beautiful to look at, simply made with store bought puff pastry dough and fresh apples.
These cupcakes are not only pretty, they also taste uniquely delicious. The fruity-sweet taste of the apples goes perfectly with the puff pastry dough
I myself have only dealt with Apple Rose cupcakes or muffins in theory so far, so at best I’ve seen pictures and read recipes in German, until I tried baking them. Among other things these muffins are not only made with puff pastry, but can also be prepared with a yeast dough
Puff pastry sheets can be bought at the freezer aisle in the grocery store. I was lucky to find them half price at Lidl’s
This puff pastry muffin is a small work of art, none of which looks the same. As this case, these roses made of apples. Anyone who wants to bake Apple Rose muffins needs muse, sensitivity and practice. You will be rewarded for this with a special treat, which probably everyone will like (because who doesn’t like apple pie, please?). And second, it really looks good on dessert plate.
Easy and pretty, Apple Rose Muffins
- I Puff Pastry sheet
- 2 red unpeeled Apples (Red Delicious)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Some flour
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- Some water
- Thaw puff pastry sheets (I recommend Pepperidge Farms) for 25 minutes, but it has to be still cold
- Remove the core of the apples, but do not peel. Slice paper thin.
- Immediately place apple slices in a bowl with water and lemon juice, so it does not change color.
- To make them easier to bend, microwave the apple slices for 1 to 2 min. to soften for easier handling/rolling.
- Spread out the puff pastry dough on a clean floured surface. The sheets need to be cut 2”x 9” (or just use the already pre-cut Lidl puff pastry)
- In a small bowl mix the apricot jam with some water and spread a thin layer on the cold puff pastry.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Drain apple slices.
- Place the apple slices on top of the puff pastry overlapping one another. The upper side with the skin of the apple needs to peek out of the strip.
- Sprinkle with sugar and/or cinnamon
- Fold the bottom part of the dough up.
- Carefully roll the dough with the apple slices from one end to the other and seal the edge at the end pressing with the finger.
- Place puff pastry rose into muffin pan. No need to greasy silicon, otherwise grease with butter and flour (spray).
- Bake at 375F for about 40 to 45 minutes, make sure the top does not burn (cover the last 10 minutes with Alu foil).
When cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional)