Jump to recipe
We ate “Pollo alla Cacciatora” in stopping in Tuscany, Italy. Also called “Hunter’s Wives” Chicken, this Italien Food has lots of fresh tomatoes and herbs, and is very delicious
Enough for 4 people, you would eat it with Parpadelle pasta (wide noodles)
Pollo alla cacciatora
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 gloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Rosemary (fresh and chopped)
- 1/2 Lemon juice and zest
- 5 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1/8 L Chicken broth
- 1/4 L white Wine
- 2 tsp Capers
- 2 tbsp black Olives
- 2 Anchovies
1 hour, 15 minutes
2 hours, 5 minutes
If you ever been in Umbria or Tuscany, you probably seen this entree on the menu. When cooking this recipe, I prefer a Dutch oven, but any oven safe pot will do
- Peel and chop the garlic. Work and pound lemon zest , rosemary and peppercorns in a mortar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt.
- Divide the chicken into 8 pieces and spread with the paste.
- Marinate for about one hour.
- Remove and scrape the marinade from the meat, then sauté the pieces in hot olive oil until golden brown.
- Add the marinade back on it. Pour in wine, broth and lemon juice. Stir in the tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 ° C or 340 F (if possible convection) for approx. 40 minutes. Use an oven safe pot, like a Dutch Oven.
- Rinse the anchovies and finely chop them. Chop capers coarsely, olives also.
- Stir these ingredients into the sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2023 AngiesWeb.com
Please follow and like us: