Garlic Leek Soup
Yesterday I was craving some comfort food. Plus I had a sick person in the house, so I thought about this soup I ate in Austria
When we were in the Wachau at the Danube, we stopped at a Restaurant for lunch. We had a large breakfast at our B&B, and I just wanted something small. Once back home, I tinkered around and recreated it in my kitchen
I ate the creamiest soup, plus it was delicious.
Creamy Garlic-Leek Soup
Cuisine German/Austrian Category Austria European Cuisine Germany Northern Europe Recipes Soups Vegetarian
- 1 lb hamburger meat (optional)
- 5 gloves of garlic sliced
- 3 leeks
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 cups water
- beef or chicken cube
- 1 cup whipping cream
- a dash of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. white wine (optional)
This creamy Garlic-Leek soup I ate in Austria was so tasty I had to recreate at home
- Fry the (optional) hamburger meat, drain the fat.
- Add the sliced leeks and garlic to the pan.
- Cook by stirring occasional.
- Combine the water and water/beef broth and cook it on low to medium for about 30 minutes.
- If you like it thicker, add a mix of cornstarch and flour (mix with a little cold water) to the simmering pot, set for 2 minutes on high until it is thickening.
- At the the end take the soup of heating element.
- Whisk the whip cream for 2 minutes so it is foamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the the salt, pepper, nutmeg and wine
Eat with my
crusty French Baguette
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2023 AngiesWeb.com