Still looking for a vegetable as a side dish for your next dinner? I found this to be a good fit for my dinner table. I cooked this Carrot dish the first time at my annual Christmas dinner with friends. It was a hit!
Glazed Carrots with Walnuts
Cuisine American Category Recipes Side dish Vegetarian
- 1 pound carrots
- 1/3 cup walnuts, pine nuts or cashews, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
I make this side dish for festivities like Thanksgiving or Christmas
- Cut peeled carrots diagonal, about 2″ long, then steam for 20 minutes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt after the carrots are tender.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, then add the carrots.
- On high heat shake carrots around for two or three minutes until they are well buttered.
- Add the light brown sugar and orange marmalade and keep shaking in the pan.
- Continue cooking on medium for 5 minutes.
- At the end add walnuts and serve.
Instead of walnuts you could also use pecans. Roast them first in a pan
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2023 AngiesWeb.com