Jump to recipe
Also called Kartoffelpuffer or Reiberdatschi in German, or Latkes in Sweden. It’s an easy dish and could be served as an Appetizer with apple sauce or sour cream
Scroll down for my Youtube video
I used a Mandoline slicer like this one below:
Potato Pancakes or Kartoffelpuffer
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium yellow onion or 4 green onions
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flour
- Black pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- Peel and grate potatoes (finely) with the yellow onion into a large bowl, and cover with cold water.
- Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid in a sieve, or squeeze in a cotton towel (flour towel)
- Mix in egg, salt, and black pepper.
- Add enough flour to make mixture thick, about 2 to 4 tablespoons all together.
- Warm up oven and turn low, about 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Heat about a 1/4 inch oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Drop two or three 1/4 cup mounds into hot oil, and press down to make 1/2 inch thick pancakes.
- Fry, turning once, until golden brown.
- Transfer to paper towel lined plate
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 AngiesWeb.com