Jump to recipe
This was Germany’s 70/80th party food. I remember when my older sisters had house parties, and these easy toast with ham, pineapple and cheese open faced sandwiches were a hit.
These days I still make it occasionally for an easy evening snack or Brotzeit. My daughter introduced her American husband to it, and he loved these exotic open faced sandwiches. You can use Texas toast, instead regular. Or Bake your own Bread
- 4 slices of thick Toast (Texas Toast, or the lower side of a Kaiser bun would do)
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 slices of cooked Ham
- 4 slices Pineapple
- 4 slices of melting cheese, like Swiss, white cheddar etc
- Butter the toast on both sides.
- Place cooked ham on toast, then pineapple slice, then cheddar, or some other melting cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven on a baking sheet at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When cheese turns golden brown remove from oven.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 AngiesWeb.com