I was introduced to this Cobbler recipe about thirty years ago in the North Carolina Blue Ridge mountains, only weeks after arriving to America. Being used to elaborate cakes and tortes, my first thought was that this was too simple.
To my surprise, it tasted delightful. Ingredients are one cup of each: flour, sugar and milk. Also a stick of butter, peaches or berries. Serve warm with some vanilla ice cream and you have a delectable afternoon dessert
Peach and/or Berry Cobbler
Cuisine American South Category Cake and Torte Recipes
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 medium peaches, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, black raspberries (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
A delicious easy recipe I was acquainted with while staying in the American South
- Place a stick of butter into the casserole and melt in the oven while preheating to 375 F.
- Slice the (peeled) peaches, or use drained peaches from a jar.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon on top of the peaches, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and dash of salt.
- Then add milk and the egg and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven with melted butter.
- Drop the batter into the casserole dish and place the peaches first and then berries on top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 375 F until edges and the top turn golden brown, or internal Temperature is at least 207 F.
- Remove from oven, let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with Vanilla ice cream
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2023 AngiesWeb.com