Jump to recipe
Goes great with Bifteki or Greek Beef steaks, Gyros, or simply just with a toasted Baguette. Also great as a dip for Vegetables, like carrots and celery
Tzatziki Sauce for Greek Dishes
- 1/2 a large unpeeled cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat Greek (plain) yogurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh dill
Goes great with Befteki, Gyros, a Vegetable dip or just plain with toasted French Baguette
- Grate the cucumber and drain through a sieve, preferable overnight in the fridge.
- To do it quicker, press the cucumber, through a cotton towel to remove the water.
- Combine the yogurt, garlic, oil, vinegar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate covered overnight
- Combine the the grated cucumber and fresh dill to the yogurt mixture and stir.
Serve chilled. Keeps in the refrigerator several days
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 AngiesWeb.com
Goes great with the Bifteki, Greek beefsteak recipe, or Gyros