In English called Liver dumpling soup. I had this Soup growing up, and it was found on a Bavarian/Frankonian dinner table, especially Sundays after Church.
My mother had a Fleischwolf (meat grinder) back then, as you see on the picture below. You can use your food processor, but I highly recommend a Ninja mixer.
- ½ lb calves liver (can be mixed with hamburger meat)
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 small onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 cups beef broth (well seasoned)
- I use my Ninja mixer, but any food processor will also grind the liver. Add the cream cheese, onion, parsley, and seasonings and process until smooth.
- Add the breadcrumbs and egg and process until well mixed.
- Form dumplings, adding more bread crumbs (or flour) if needed, for dumplings to hold together.
- Bring broth to boil. Add dumplings and reduce heat to a simmer. Dumplings will float to the top when ready