I was greatly influenced by my mother who went to culinary school. She taught me many tips and tricks about food art, and how to make fancy mashed potatoes.
The finished product should resemble a Hedgehog, in German it is called an Igel
Serve with Bavarian Pork Roast from my Childhood or Beef Rouladen
My Mother’s Hedgehog mashed Potato
- 5 peeled potatoes, boiled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 Juniper berry and 2 cloves for decoration
- 2 medium onions and butter, fried and for decoration. Or just use "Refried French Onion" from the store
- Slice the onions and fry them in butter until browned, but not burned. Also refried French Onions can be used
- Boil potatoes
- Mix all ingredients, except onions with a hand mixer
- Place the mashed potatoes on an oval platter.
- Decorate to make it look like a hedgehog
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 AngiesWeb.com
Cut up the onions, fry them in butter until brown, but not burned.
Boil potatoes, then mix all ingredients, except onions with a hand mixer