I was greatly influenced by my mother who went to culinary school. She taught me many tips and tricks about food art, and how to make fancy mashed potatoes
The finished product should resemble a Hedgehog, in German it is called an Igel.
Goes great with Bavarian Pork Roast. Click on picture for recipe
Serve with Bavarian Pork Roast from my Childhood or Beef Rouladen
IngredientsRecipe not found
Cut up the onions, fry them in butter until brown, but not burned.
Boil potatoes, then mix all ingredients, except onions with a hand mixerRecipe not found
My Mother’s Hedgehog mashed Potato
- 5 peeled potatoes, boiled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 Juniper berry and 2 cloves for decoration
- 2 medium onions and butter, fried and for decoration. Or just use “Refried French Onion” from the store
This was my mothers creation who was taught in culinary school.
- Slice the onions and fry them in butter until browned, but not burned. Optional: refried French Onions can be used
- Boil potatoes
- Mix all ingredients, except onions with a hand mixer
- Place the mashed potatoes on an oval platter.
- Decorate to make it look like a hedgehog
Create a form of a critter from the mashed potatoes. Eyes are cloves, juniper berry or peppercorn is the nose. It should resemble a Hedgehog
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2023 AngiesWeb.com
Comments are closed.